top of page
KNIGHT
KNIGHT

INSIDE THE WALLS OF WARWICK CASTLE

THE GREAT HALL
THE GREAT HALL
THE GREAT HALL
THE GREAT HALL
THE GREAT HALL
THE GREAT HALL
THE GREAT HALL
THE GREAT HALL
THE GREAT HALL
THE GREAT HALL
THE GREAT HALL
THE GREAT HALL
THE GREAT HALL
THE GREAT HALL
THE GREAT HALL
THE GREAT HALL

The Great Hall which is the largest room in the castle was first constructed around the 13th century. It was rebuilt in the 17th century and then restored in 1871 after it had been badly damaged by a fire which swept through part of the Castle.

Found inside the hall is a display of magnificent armoury and weapons. The Kenilworth Buffett which was built in 1851 is an example of Victorian carving.

THE STATE ROOMS

THE RED DRAWING ROOM

The Red Drawing Room is the first of the five state rooms in Warwick Castle.The room is fillled with portraits including  Fulke Greville, who had been murdered by his Manservant in 1628.

THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM
THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM

THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM

THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM

THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM

THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM

THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM

THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM

THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM

THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM

THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM

THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM

THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM

THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM

THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM

THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM

THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM

THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM

THE GREEN DRAWING ROOM

The Green Drawing room is named because of its green painted panelling The room was used as a private Gentleman's room for travelling aristocrats. The main story of the room centres around the English Civil War. Much of the Portraits were cut and shaped to fit the room.
THE BLUE  BOUDOIR
BLUE BOUDOIR
BLUE BOUDOIR
BLUE BOUDOIR
BLUE BOUDOIR
BLUE BOUDOIR
BLUE BOUDOIR
BLUE BOUDOIR
BLUE BOUDOIR
BLUE BOUDOIR
BLUE BOUDOIR
BLUE BOUDOIR
BLUE BOUDOIR

The Blue Boudoir was used as a private dressing room. It has a  'secret' entrance to the servants' passage, concealed in the wall beside the mirror. The room dates from around 1681. It was re-decorated in the 1890's in blue silk by Daisy Greville, the 5th Countess of Warwick, which expressed her love of the the French style and culture.

THE CEDAR ROOMS

The Cedar Room was installed around 1681. The Cedar room is best known for its collection of Anthony Van Dyck Portraits(1599-1641).

THE QUEEN ANNE BEDROOM

In 1704, preparations were made for Anne Queen of Great Britain to come and stay at Warwick Castle. However, after the visit was cancelled some of the furniture was left behind. In 2013  it was discovered that the furniture had not been here at all and was part Queen Anne Royal suite at Kensington Palace. On Queens Anne's death, that furniture had been sold and later purchased by the Earl of Warwick.

THE CHAPEL
THE CHAPEL
THE CHAPEL
THE CHAPEL
THE CHAPEL
THE CHAPEL
THE CHAPEL
THE CHAPEL
THE CHAPEL
THE CHAPEL
THE CHAPEL
THE CHAPEL
THE CHAPEL

The original chapel dated from 1119AD. The present-day chapel dates from the 17th century, which was commissioned by Fulke Greville. This chapel was a meeting place for the Earls of Warwick on a Sunday until the middle of the 20th Century

THE SMOKING ROOM

THE SMOKING ROOM

THE SMOKING ROOM

THE SMOKING ROOM

Describe your image.

THE MUSIC ROOM
PLAY ME " Daisy, Daisy"

Mature ladies would use the Music room in the 19th Century. The Italian composer  Paoli Tosti was a close friend of the Countess of Warwick. In 1898, Daisy Greville hosted a Royal Weekend which The Prince of Wales was a guest.

UPPER APPARTMENTS
UPSTAIRS
UPSTAIRS
UPSTAIRS
UPSTAIRS
UPSTAIRS
UPSTAIRS
UPSTAIRS
UPSTAIRS
UPSTAIRS
UPSTAIRS
UPSTAIRS
ADDDITIONAL FEATURES
 
 THE LIBRARY
The Library was designed in the 1770's by a Anthony Salvin and George Fox.
THE OUTER  GROUND OF WARWICK CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE
THE OUTER GROUNDS OF THE CASTLE

All contents © 2018 THE GHOSTS WHO STILL WALK THE EARTH ||DEATH COMES TO US ALL: Tudor Rose

TUDOR ROSE TUDOR ROSE TUDOR ROSETUDOR ROSETUDOR ROSE TUDOR ROSE TUDOR ROSE

bottom of page